Badgers. That's her new fear. I have no idea why she's scared of them. We read about them in her High Five magazine and the next day she asked if "they were real in this world." And if they were scared of humans. (Like we've told her coyotes are.) I've tried to assure her that I'm sure they're probably not aggressive animals and they'd probably run from her if she ever encountered one. However, after reading this, I'm thinking I may have misled her..."Badgers are capable of fighting off much larger animals, such as wolves, coyotes, and bears. Badgers can run or gallop (gallop, really?) at up to 16-19 mph for short periods of time."
So, now I'm envisioning my child running for her sweet little life while this fat badger "gallops" after her. It takes on coyotes? Bears? Seriously? I can't tell her that. NO WAY! This little thing sounds pretty vicious. I think she has good reason to be scared!
I'd like to say we've moved on from her fear of coyotes (or kye-dotes) as she pronounces it, but that fear is still there, we've just ADDED badgers.
1 comment:
This cracks me up, yet sounds very much like a conversation that might happen in this house! Gallop, ha!
Post a Comment