Sunday, May 24, 2009

New bike

For Sydney's birthday, we wanted to get her a bike. She had asked for one and we thought she was really past due. So, here we are in the store picking out a bike. Unfortunately, she was more interested in going to pick out a barbie than a bike, so we decided on the cheapest one.

With some birthday money from my grandmother (her Nana), she picked out a new barbie (which she absolutely does not need!) and this Barbie swimming pool. She already had the car and when we got home, she put on her boots and started setting up. Ah, those boots. Necessary for nearly any outdoor task.

Her cool girl pose with her new bike, and helmet and kneepads she got with some other birthday money from my aunt and Chris's grandpa. Disney princess of course.

More posing. What a ham.

All ready to go. However, the gravel is harder to ride on that I had anticipated and she gets frustrated pretty quickly, so it hasn't gotten much use. That's one thing I'm looking forward to in our next house, a paved driveway and possibly sidewalks to ride on. I really thought the idea of pedaling a bike would come naturally, but as it turns out, it requires more practice than I had thought. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it though.

And here she is, learning the art of taking pictures of herself. Look at those two new teeth at the bottom. So cute! So big!

So, this is what the kitchen looks like from her height. Interesting.
On another note, Sydney loves to play make believe and she makes up names for herself or her babies, or her friends, whatever. Sometimes she picks up the phone and pretend talks. She'll say "oh Nancy, how are you?" Who is Nancy? We don't know anyone named Nancy, so where she came up with that I don't know. Usually, her name of choice for herself or whomever (bug pets included) is Kurla. She just made it up. I don't like it. It's weird, but anyway, it's her. So, today I asked her what her name was and she told me Livard. Livard? Where is she coming up with this stuff? She always makes me laugh, I love to hear her talk in her little sweet voice and she is so thoughtful and helpful (most of the time). And when she does something good, or she knows it makes me happy, she puts her little hands up and flaps them. It's adorable.






1 comment:

Jennie said...

Love the fancy pose by the bike. The boots really complete the look ;)