Saturday, October 4, 2008

House hunting

So, I've been casually looking at houses on line and last night, I thought I had found the one. A brand new, never lived in, foreclosure for sooo much cheaper than what it should have been. So, I called our realtor friend and she got us in this morning. It wasn't even complete!! There was no flooring, just subfloor, it was only half painted, there were no banisters, no AC unit outside, no outside lights, no doorbell, no deck. Ughhh! No wonder it was so cheap. The layout was absolutely incredible though. Upstairs would have had a railing that overlooked the living room below. It had 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and a full basement (that had drywall, but again, wasn't clost to done). And it's being sold as is, which means I'd have to finish it. No thanks. So, we've set our friend on a mission to find what we want. We're in no hurry to move, but we do have to sell our house first. I bought the sign today, but there are some things we have to do to ours first, like finish replacing that kitchen floor, painting, patching carpet. Ughh, and we still have to get ready for our cruise coming up. So now I'm kind of freaking out.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

It's contagious! Scary, but so fun too!

Paula said...

I love house hunting but hate the selling part. Good luck.