Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days

We've had some bad weather around here lately, so we've been at home for the past two days. Our road was actually shut down today. I don't know how tomorrow is going to be, but I honestly do feel bad about not going to work. Here is a picture of Sydney on Tuesday morning, helping me make breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, biscuits, hashbrowns, and homemade gravy. It's Sydney and Chris's favorite breakfast (well, except the hashbrowns, that was basically for me).
She loves to crack eggs.
This is a small casualty of the ice we've had around here.

Off my front porch. Look at the pretty icicles.


Cori, enjoying herself in the snow. We lost power this morning around 6 am and it was out until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Sydney literally wept this morning when I told her we couldn't watch t.v. I think that's some sort of sign. Like, my kid watches too much t.v. So, we colored, we played doctor, and Sydney played fetch with Cori. Then, we snuggled under the covers and took a nap. And when we woke up, power had been restored. Yah!

This is how Sydney dressed herself this afternoon after we were able to come out of the multiple layers of clothing we had on to keep warm. The toboggan is a nice touch I think.





No comments: