Sunday, August 9, 2009

A hyperextended knee

We were at a pool party this weekend and Sydney hurt herself pretty badly during a good time running and jumping in the pool. I don't want to rehash it again and I'm sure most of you know by now what happened, if not, check FB. Anyway, let me just say that it has been the hardest thing to go through as a parent, knowing that one second your child was having the time of her life and the next minute, she can't walk. I can't even bring myself to look at the pictures of that evening, taken just minutes before it happened. It's an image that will never leave me. I cry just thinking about how much it had to hurt and how scared she was. Ok, so enough of that. Tomorrow is her follow up visit with her regular Dr. He'll determine if we need an MRI to evaluate soft tissue damage, since we know nothing is broken. He'll be able to tell me if he thinks she can go to school on Tuesday, and even then, I'll have to call the school and make sure they can accomodate her, in a wheelchair, most likely, if they'll be able to help her go the the bathroom and such. I'll post again when I know more tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who is keeping her in their thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I hope she heals quickly and that she can go to school. What a bummer.