Monday, August 31, 2009

Where the deer and the buffalo roam

Just so Mike will get off my case for a while...

We went to a local petting zoo if you will where some of the animals are just roaming free, walking along beside you and you can feed them carrots. I have never before seen an Emu eat a carrot, but they will. And they'll swallow it whole. Weird. Above is me and the gang and below is the rest of the gang...


Seriously, the largest pig I have ever seen. I think it belongs in the Guiness Book or something.


One of my all time faves (coming in second behind the pig) is the capybara
Yes, I realize it's just a giant rodent, but I think they're so cute.


Addison and Sydney


Look at these precious fuzzy llamas. We got to pet the baby one and she was super soft.


A white peacock. I didn't know they made those...


A regular peacock, up above us.


Addison feeding some deer. They make really cute noises. I was petting one and when I walked away it sounded like it was crying.


Chris petting a really old donkey.


Other donkeys trying to get that carrot!



awww



Cali pulling the girls. We took Cali here when she was Sydney's age (6 years ago) but she didn't remember it, so to her this was all new and she loved it. They all did...

The parking lot greeter. The emu who eats carrots whole. They also make very strange noises and scare the crap out of me. They look like they could just peck your face off.












































No comments: