Sorry it's been so long since last post, but it's been busy and I haven't been looking forward to uploading so many pics. So much has happened since last time. Let's see, my brother in law, his wife and their daughter moved out last weekend. It was kind of sad. It didn't really hit Sydney until Sunday night, when we had to leave Addison at her new house. Sydney's new plan is to have daddy pick up our house, put it on the truck and move it closer to Addison. She cracks me up. I mean, why not? Sounds perfectly logical to a 4 year old. So, Friday was our big trip to Cinci. I do not have any pics from the Bodies exhibit. No pictures allowed. All I can say is it was a little stomach turning at first. And don't worry, our friend Robin took Sydney to the zoo while we did that. Although, there were a surprising amount of small children there. Anyway, all I have is pics of the Newport Aquarium. So, here we go...
Sydney was absolutely beside herself with excitement when we got there. She was bouncing around and jumping and screaming. So, the above pic was taken as soon as we got down the escalator.
They had a little indoor playground for the kids. I think they were supposed to be finding some kind of creature in there, but all I smelled was dirty feet. It was gross, but Sydney didn't notice and we barely got her out.
This was by far the best part of the trip! I have no idea what birds are doing in an aquarium, but I don't even care. Although I did get peed on, twice, it was still a good time. I love the look on her face in this picture.
This bird landed on Chris's hand, took the cup from him and tipped it back like a tall drink. It was the funniest thing!
She even got to pet them. That was pretty neat!
Ok, so at the end, Chris spotted a guy selling hermit crabs at a kiosk outside the aquarium. It was his childhood dream to have a hermit crab and his mom wouldn't let him, so he just had to buy one for Sydney. Then I was reading the chart that came with her and it said they like company and if you only have one, they'll get lonely. So, we had to get another one! So here she is with her two crabs, Charlotte and Jasmine.However, as I write this post, I must report that our dog got a hold of the cage, ripped one of Jasmine's legs off and she died maybe 2 days later. She was fine at first, they can lose limbs and regrow them after they molt, but I think she must have died of shock or something. So, since we were down to just one, you can guess what we had to do next. That's right, get another one. Or two. I mean, they were just two for $6 at the pet store. And we got them a bigger cage.
And here is their new setup. I put three extra shells that I already had from some previous Florida beach combing in there so they can change shells if they feel the need. So now we still have Charlotte, who is inthe back in this picture, lavender shell, and Aladdin, who is the middle sized one, and Jasmine (again), who is the smallest. They like to climb, which is why the sticks are in there. I've done a lot of reading on these little critters and I've really grown attached to them. Strange, I know.
And here is their new setup. I put three extra shells that I already had from some previous Florida beach combing in there so they can change shells if they feel the need. So now we still have Charlotte, who is inthe back in this picture, lavender shell, and Aladdin, who is the middle sized one, and Jasmine (again), who is the smallest. They like to climb, which is why the sticks are in there. I've done a lot of reading on these little critters and I've really grown attached to them. Strange, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment