Monday, August 25, 2008

Without my baby!

Chris's mom wanted to keep Sydney Sunday night and Monday night, so here I am, without child. I've been away from her before, but I do miss her. I've come to realize through other people's misfortunes how lucky I am to have what I have and who I have. And I want to let everyone know that they should thank God everyday for what he's blessed them with, because it could be completely gone in an instant. Ok, enough of that stuff.
So, my plan tonight since I didn't have her was to come home, eat pizza in bed, drink wine, and watch t.v. And we did. And it was great. My next goal is to take a nice warm bath with no interruptions! Who knows when I'll get another chance at that!
The crabs are still doing well, although for some reason, the big one (Charlotte) likes to pinch Sydney. And only Sydney. We can't figure that one out. Unless it's kind of like Jennie's son and she's like dough. And the crab just can't help herself. She told my mom the other day that it was ok if mom wanted to hold Charlotte, cause she "doesn't bite grownups." I felt so bad for her too, because she had just overcome her fear of her and was so proud of herself for letting the crab sit in her hand, that she wanted to show Daddy. So she goes running into the living room and said "look Daddy, I'm not scared anymore." And about that time was when Charlotte clamped down the jaws of life. The mark was still there 2 days later!
The other day, after swim class, Sydney informed me that she wished I had named her Tigerlilly. Then it was Megan. Today it's Sara I've been told by my mother-in-law. I remembered when I was young, I really wanted my parents to rename me Stacy.???
Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: